OpenCon satellite events are local meetings about Open issues that are held in partnership with a global annual OpenCon meeting to advocate for Open Access, Open Data, and Open Education around the world.
Our event in Zorzor, Lofa County(northern Liberia) will bring together over two hundred participants including students, researchers, and members of the public who are interested in learning more about openness in research and education from Lofa county and other parts of the Country. There will be talks by local speakers, video content streamed from the global OpenCon meeting held in Washington DC, and participatory workshops about open information and community organizing.
The program will begin on Saturday November 26 and ends on Sunday November 27, 2016 at the Zorzor Lutheran Mission High School Auditorium.
Speakers will include:
- Hon. Len Eugene Nagbe - Minister of Information
- Ms. Benetta Davis - 2016 Mandela Fellow
- Mr. Augustine B Chewolo - Public Health Professional
- Mr. Andrew Greaves - MOH Youth Representative
- Mr. Alexander Gargu - Financial Expert
- Mr. Tarnue Govergo - Board Chairman, ZLMS