Satellite events are held year round, open to anyone, and arranged by hosts around the world in partnership with the main OpenCon conference. Over 9000 people have attended OpenCon satellite events since 2014. Satellites often combine content, themes and ideas from the main meeting with locally arranged activities. They're the perfect way to learn and get involved in the community, and are an essential part of the OpenCon community.
Save the date for OpenCon Cleveland 2021
Save the date: OpenCon Cleveland will be held online from May 13 - May 14, 2021. OpenCon is an annual regional event which celebrates the benefits of open education to student learning. Faculty, students, librarians, instructional designers, and administrators, especially in the Northeast Ohio region, are all welcome to this FREE series of presentations and discussions. Consider submitting a lightning talk proposal by March 29th.
We welcome proposals for 5-10 minute lightning talk presentations, preferably related to the themes of open pedagogy, social justice, and supporting remote learning (although other topics are welcome). Accepted presenters will pre-record their lightning talk sessions and participate in asynchronous and synchronous discussions with attendees. All submissions are due on March 29th and decisions about accepted submissions will be communicated by April 6th. Proposals will be evaluated according to this lighting talk proposal rubric: https://tinyurl.com/165biie5
OpenCon Cleveland 2021 Planning Committee
- Mandi Goodsett, (Committee Chair) Performing Arts & Humanities Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Barbara Loomis, Digital Scholarly Publications and Programs Administrator, Michael Schwartz Library
- Marsha Miles, Head, Collections and Resource Management, Michael Schwartz Library
- Ben Richards, Business and Communication Librarian, Michael Schwartz Library
- Laura Ray, Outreach & Instructional Services Librarian, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Heather Caprette, Sr. Media Developer/Instructional Designer, Center for eLearning
- Melanie Gagich, Associate College Lecturer, First-Year Writing Program