Hosted in Toronto on November 2-4, OpenCon 2018 is designed to serve as a powerful catalyst for projects led by the next generation of scholars and researchers to advance Open Access, Open Education and Open Data. However, OpenCon is only possible with the support of established organizations and institutions with a commitment to openness in research and education.
OpenCon seeks to convene the most effective student and early career academic professional advocates—regardless of their ability to pay for travel costs. The majority of students and early career academic professionals who participate receive travel scholarships, enabling over 80 countries to be represented since 2014.
Whether its underwriting the meeting as a Leading Sponsor, hosting a coffee break, or simply sponsoring a student or early career participant to attend, your support and the support of other like-minded organizations are critical in ensuring OpenCon is a success.
Level of support: $30,000+
- Top-level placement of sponsoring organization’s logo at the top of the conference homepage, on any giveaways produced (e.g. t-shirt, tote bag), and on conference title slides
- Opportunity to address the full conference for up to 5 minutes
- Placement of sponsoring organization’s logo on the OpenCon-hosted websites for all satellite events (30 satellite events were hosted in 2015 with more than 1,500 participants in total)
- Opportunity to have two communications of up to 150 words included in two emails sent to all main conference participants, one before the meeting and one after
- Opportunity for a 5-minute presentation at the beginning of a required pre-conference webcasts
- Table and space provided for sponsoring organization’s collateral throughout the first two days of the meeting; placement of organization’s table near registration desk
- Three free conference registrations
- Statement of thanks at the opening and closing of the meeting